Wednesday, July 20, 2016
I knew that I had planned to add a flying geese border and I had enough geese made to use for the borders so I went ahead with sewing everything together just as it was. I made 4 pinwheel blocks for the corners and as I was finishing sewing the final edge to the top, I realized that I had intended on including another border between the flying geese and the plain border. Oh well, I wasn't about to change it and do all of that ripping so it is staying just as it is.
The quilt top is approximately 78" x 84" and it was really tough to find a place to spread it out and take a photo. I was challenged by space limitations as well as that wonderful sunshine streaming through the window in my front door but I think you can get a good idea of what it looks like. It is a very simple design and I just love it. :)