Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Pinwheels Flimsy

I was in the midst of working on this quilt top when I had to set it aside to work on a couple projects that needed my immediate attention. It turned out perfectly fine but I really should have written myself a little note about what my plans were. ;)

I knew that I had planned to add a flying geese border and I had enough geese made to use for the borders so I went ahead with sewing everything together just as it was. I made 4 pinwheel blocks for the corners and as I was finishing sewing the final edge to the top, I realized that I had intended on including another border between the flying geese and the plain border. Oh well, I wasn't about to change it and do all of that ripping so it is staying just as it is.

The quilt top is approximately 78" x 84" and it was really tough to find a place to spread it out and take a photo. I was challenged by space limitations as well as that wonderful sunshine streaming through the window in my front door but I think you can get a good idea of what it looks like. It is a very simple design and I just love it. :)

7 comments:

KaHolly said...

That's a lot of piecing! The pinwheel has always been one of my favorites! Job well done!

Scrap and quilts said...

It may be a very simple design but it is just lovely, colourful and cheerful. Congrats on this flimsy. Love the geese too. ;^)

Jo said...

It's a great design and a fantastic scrap buster...

Edith said...

Beautiful as is and a nice size too.

belarmina said...

Ellen !! llevo unas semanas sin pasar por los blogs,
que gran sorpresa, todos tus trabajos son fantásticos,
buen fin de semana

Deb A said...

Beautiful job! I love the pinwheel block... might just have to start making some.

Rose said...

Ellen, I love this pinwheel quilt. You have inspired me to organize my assorted 3" pinwheels into something beautiful!