|loaded and ready to go|
Quite some time ago I had gone through my stash and set aside some fabric that I thought I might use but I still couldn't finish it. I have even shopped and purchased a couple different backings for this quilt but they just didn't do it for me in the end. So there sat this quilt top...waiting.
I was at a loss as to what I was going to use until I saw this perfect fabric. Dragonflies on a pale blue backing! My niece wanted her quilt to be either a baby pink or baby blue and that was really tough to find without babyish prints. Those dragonflies are not as large as they appear in the photo - the circles surrounding them are only an inch or so big.
|close up photo|
I have been working at getting everything loaded onto the long arm over the past few days and I finally started quilting it.
I got the first pass done but it was a bit challenging. As you can see by the thread tail in the photo I had thread breaks right away. Those seams in the center of the blocks are deadly! By the time I finished the first pass my shoulders were up around my ears and my muscles had tightened up and I needed to take a break. I will finish it up over the next few days. It is being quilted with a dragonfly panto and I think it is going to be a beauty.