Thursday, June 2, 2016

Pinwheels Galore

I have been chugging along making pinwheels and I think they look so pretty hanging out on my design wall.

Once I decided that I had 'enough' made I started adding the alternate block and then started sewing those into four patches.

Look what happened to my design wall - I am loving it. 

It is such a simple design and it is looking so good to me. Sometimes we need less complicated things in our lives. 

My design wall isn't quite large enough to hold all of the blocks that I have already made but I really don't need a design wall for this quilt other than to take pictures- nothing complicated going on here! I am sewing the blocks together randomly and because of that there just might be clusters of colours or patterns but that doesn't bother me one bit. I think it just might add to the charm of this quilt.

I want this quilt to at least fit a double bed so I will probably need to make some more pinwheels. Once I get all of these blocks sewn together I will have a better idea of how many more pinwheels I need.

4 comments:

KaHolly said...

Yes, indeed you, pinwheels are always lots of fun! At least you have a design wall, no matter how small! At the moment, my design wall is the space under the work table. ;). Whatever works, right? Happy day!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Pinwheels are a wonderful way to show off your fabric scraps!!

Scrap and quilts said...

Yes it is nice to just sew with no complicated patterns or plans. Just the sheer joy of sewing. This quilt will give you plenty of negative space for some gorgeous quilting. Enjoy the relaxing process of this one. ;^)

Aunt 'Reen said...

Whoo Hoo... look at you go!
I love all those wonderful pinwheels.
You will have a quilt full of blocks in no time.