Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Pinwheel Progress

two sections ready to be put together
My pinwheel blocks have almost made it into a completed quilt top. I had calculated how many pinwheel blocks I needed and made them and then I realized my calculations were incorrect. Don't you just get annoyed when that happens...

I just have a few more pinwheel blocks to make to allow for an 8 x 10 layout. My blocks finish at 8" and if my math is correct, which has proven to be questionable ;), that will give me a quilt top measuring 64" x 80". I do have the option of rejigging the blocks that I have left and making them into a single row. That would allow for a quilt top of 72" in length and I would only need to make one more pinwheel.

I am leaning toward the option of just making one more pinwheel. I think I want borders on this quilt and that would make it a reasonably good size. I work from 1-9 today and I plan to make some bread this morning so I doubt that I will get any sewing done today. In any case, I will have plenty of time to ponder it while I am at work.

5 comments:

belarmina said...

Ellen ! mee encanta tu edredón molinillos,
saludos

Deb A said...

Your math is spot on =). Sounds like a 72x72 quilt top with some borders is a great solution. So pretty with a great variety of colors.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I can't comment on your calculations, but I will say that you quilt looks like it is going to be spectacular... no matter what the size!!

Aunt 'Reen said...

I love how scrappy and Spectacular this Pinwheel quilt is looking!
It's going to finish up just gorgeous!

Bente Antonsen said...

Your pinwheel quilt is looking very good. I love the scrappy look.