Friday, May 27, 2016

Outreach Charity Quilt

Boy....it's been a while since I have blogged....again!  :) While I have been MIA I have been working, and resting and I have also spent quite a bit of time clearing up and 'sort of' sorting through all of my quilting stuff. Let's just say that I don't need anymore fabric. I have moved my long arm out of my sewing room and into what used to be the living room so that has given back quite a bit of space in my sewing room. I now have room to breathe and to make quilts!

Even though I haven't been very productive with my quilting over the last while I sure have been productive with fabric buying. :(  It has been a challenge trying to find places to stash my stash so I guess the best thing is to get to work and try to use it up!! :)

This charity quilt was just about finished when I put it aside. The last time I worked on it I thought that I would put a border of darker rectangles around the perimeter but after making quite a few sets I nixed the idea and decided to just quilt it and get it ready for donation. I would like to hand it in at my Guild meeting on Wednesday so I called it done.

I quilted it with a fun panto called Spaced Out and a darker neutral thread. I already have the binding attached by machine and I hope to get a good start at hand stitching it to the back this evening.


2 comments:

Scrap and quilts said...

So good to see you again in blogland. :^)
I love that scrappy quilt. It is on my to-do list. I'm thinking to use up my flannel pieces.
Enjoy! :^)

Deb A said...

Welcome back to blogging! Love this quilt - it came out great. How is the 7 sisters quilt coming along? I always love seeing progress on that one.