Saturday, May 28, 2016

A Very Quick Finish!


finished quilt
Wow...sewing the binding on didn't take long at all! I really thought it would take a couple evenings but it wasn't so. My husband and I settled in to watch The Battle of The Bulge on TCM last night and while we watched I sewed the binding on. For the binding I chose a darker brown fabric with a very low contrast print and it is the perfect finishing touch.
back

It is a small quilt and it finished at 47" x 53"which I think is a good size for a young child. Even though the prints are not really juvenile I still think a child would love to receive it.

All of the fabric used in this quilt came from stash and I pieced the batting from leftover hunks and chunks and that makes me happy!

I wasn't too sure about the backing fabric I used but I think it works just fine. The front of the quilt is a bit busy but you can really see the quilting design on the back.

close up of quilting on back
 I will take it with me to my Guild meeting on Wednesday for donation to our Outreach Program.

One quilt down and 9,999 to go! I have a lot of fabric to get through. ;)

6 comments:

Scrap and quilts said...

Congratulations! Love the quilting and I think the backing fabric is just perfect. Great job Ellen. Good luck on the 9,999 others lol. ;^)

belarmina said...

Ellen aƱoraba tus entrada de blog!!!
tu colcha es bonita, como todos tus trabajos
buen domingo

Jo said...

Well done on your finish. For some reason it has been so long since I have visited your blog. Just wondering how your Seven Sisters quilts are going. Where are you up to

KaHolly said...

9,999 more quilts! Your too funny! Good luck with that!

Quilter Kathy said...

It's a fabulous scrap quilt! Congrats on the finish!

Kathy S. said...

Love this scrap quilt. What is the name of the block?