Saturday, March 19, 2016

Violets for Block Lotto & Rainbow Scrap Challenge

This month, as a participant in Block Lotto, I made violet blocks and they are just so pretty! One of the best things about these blocks is that I was able to use scraps from my stash to complete them. These blocks also work for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge hosted by Angela of soscrappy because the colours chosen for the month of March are purple with yellow accents and I certainly used lots of those from my scraps for these blocks.

The only fabric that I used that was not from scrappy leftover bits or strips was one of the gray background fabrics. I was even able to use some of the leftover gray fabric that I am using in the disappearing pinwheel quilt that I am currently working on. Works for me! :0

 I really hope that I am one of the lucky winners this month!!

5 comments:

Bente Antonsen said...

I love violet.!

Angie said...

Love how the purple/violet shows against the black & white backgrounds!

Deb A said...

Those sure are pretty in purple. Reminds me of spring.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Gorgeous -- I am still working on mine.

Jeanne said...

I love your purple blooms! My purple scraps are screaming at me to make some, too.