Friday, March 18, 2016

Ugly Christmas Sweater QAL- Block 9 & 10

Block 9 - Turnstile
Block 10 - Swedish Star












I have chosen to make the 20 block version of the Ugly Christmas Sweater Quilt and so with these two blocks finished I have made it to the half-way point! I am still behind in my block making but I did get four made this week. :) You can find all of the information regarding this QAL here.

For some reason, in all of my photos, the dark green and dark blue are so dark that they look almost black to me.

I am done with them for this week but we will see if I can manage to make four more blocks next week. I do make a huge mess when creating these blocks but it is fun. I am pulling out scraps and any fabric from my stash that has any hint of Christmas or is just plain old seasonal looking. I am going for sorta ugly but in a cute way. :)

2 comments:

Angie said...

Lol - my first thought when I saw the Turnstile block was "Green Bay Packers sweater!"

Jeanne said...

I have a hard time calling your blocks 'ugly sweaters' as they look so nice! LOL