Saturday, March 12, 2016

Scrap Wrangling

Today I am working on my butterfly blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge column quilt. I have been digging through my scraps looking for all varieties of purple fabric ranging from the lightest shades to very deep dark shades. I did find quite a good stash of purple pieces in my 3.5" strip bin and also in my 3.5" squares stash. The block also requires yellow and I was able to grab some yellow strips that were leftover from making my version of Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice mystery quilt. I love my scrap bins! Pop on over to soscrappy's and check out the links to other participants in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. You will surely be inspired!

While I was digging around for fabric scraps for the RSC blocks I was also thinking about the blocks that I am making for the Block Lotto and my OMMS this month. They are required to be made in all shades of purple, pink or blue and require a yellow center. I was able to do the cutting for them as well although I still need to cut the background fabric. Doing double duty at the scraps bins is certainly quite a time saver!

The plan for the rest of the day is to finish the butterfly blocks, make peanut butter cookies (that my family is eagerly awaiting) and make fried chicken for dinner. Why can't I just sew all day? :)

4 comments:

Julierose said...

You have some really pretty fabrics for your butterflies-to-be...and the Lotto too; lovely yellows--I think good yellows are hard to find....hugs have fun sewing, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a great selection of PURPLE you have in your scrap stash. Have FUN sewing it up!!

Aunt 'Reen said...

This is a beautiful range of fabrics!
How wonderful that you will be able to get 2 projects completed from pulling one series of fabrics from your scraps.

Jeanne said...

Those fabrics should make up into pretty blocks! Are the cookies done yet? :-)