Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Old MacDonald Mystery Sampler

I made seven more Snails Trails blocks this February that will be part of my OMMS that is being hosted by Sophie of Block Lotto. I originally made these four brown blocks for my February Block Lotto entry but they weren't quite up to snuff and were a little too small. They were less than a 1/4" out but I knew I could do better so I made a second set of brown blocks for entry in Block Lotto and I posted about them previously. I knew these blocks would be just fine in my sampler so I made three more in green to go with them.

The lesson I learned when making these blocks is that it is better for me to cut the triangle pieces a bit bigger and trim them down to size - it worked like magic!








3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

These Snail Trails look wonderful. I love the green with the brown and the sewing in your blocks looks perfect.

Love sis

Aunt 'Reen said...

Wonderful Snails Trail blocks!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I have always loved this block! Your color choices are great and thanks for the tip!