Friday, March 4, 2016

Disappearing Pinwheel - Progress


I have been making good and steady progress on this quilt top. I have finished all of the blocks in the body and joined them together and now I have started working on the pinwheels for the borders.







Of course the blocks in the border are not going to fit perfectly to the quilt top so I have to figure out the math and make a border around the quilt top to allow it to fit.

I am trying to follow the video tutorial from Missouri Star Quilt Co. but they don't provide actual instructions to make the border. It is quite obvious that there is sashing between each border pinwheel but the only information in the instructions was that the quilt top had an inner border and an outer border of 2.5" background fabric. I think the best thing for me to do is to decide the width of the sashing I want to use, sew it and the border pinwheels together and then make an inner border to make it all fit together. I will need to give the top a good pressing before I start measuring and I will definitely need to do all of the math on a day when I am not tired! ;)

This quilt is going to be just so soft and pretty!

5 comments:

belarmina said...

Ellen, como dices esta colcha,
es delicada y clara en sus colores,
buen fin de semana

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your version of this quilt is looking beautiful!
Just love your soft color palette.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I really love this soft fresh looking quilt top. The grey fabric for the pinwheels is perfect.

Love sis

Deb A said...

Looking good. Hope the math works itself out when you have a fresh outlook.

Chantal L. said...

It is soft and pretty, I agree. A lovely quilt this one is.
I always work from the outer edge to the inside when it comes to adding pieced borders. Is there any other way? ;^)