Sunday, March 13, 2016

Butterfly Blocks

Yesterday, I posted about getting my scraps together and cut for my butterfly blocks that will be included in the Column Quilt that I am making as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Well, the blocks are all made and I think they look pretty cute!

using a cardboard template to mark the corners
I just finished working on the bonus hsts that were created by double sewing the stitch and flip corners that were used in making the butterfly wings.

Even though I took the time to carefully measure and mark the corners to create my bonus hsts, I still needed to do a bit of sliver trimming.

Definitely worth the effort! I now have a little pile of these 2" bonus hsts that are perfectly sized to finish at 1.5".



5 comments:

Bente Antonsen said...

Bonus triangles is a great way to start another quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hooray!! for Bonus HSTs. SEW many possibilities!!!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Yes, your butterflies turned out darling!
Great bonus with those extra HST's.

Jocelyn Thurston said...

Love your very happy butterfly quilt. What a cute block to sew. Those bonus blocks will come in handy for sure. I just love anything that can eat up the scraps.

belarmina said...

Ellen que bonito !!!!
sera otra preciosa colcha
que ilusiĆ³n cuando se acumulas unos restos
pensar que sale de ellos,
saludos