Friday, February 12, 2016

Ugly Christmas Sweater QAL-Block 3 & 4


Whew....I got my chores done 'enough' to be able to do some sewing this morning. It's amazing what a difference it makes with just vacuuming and clearing off a few surfaces. :)

This morning I worked on blocks 3 and 4 - Shoo Fly and Eccentric Star. There are two sweater designs to choose from and I am following Lorna's lead when it comes to which sweater design to use for each block.

You can see in the group photo that the first two blocks used sweater design 1 and 2 but these two new blocks were made using design 1 only.

So far so good...I think they are looking pretty cute!

I am working tomorrow from 9 -6, so tonight I want to work on some Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks. Before I start though, I will make a simple dinner of potato and fennel soup with chicken and some cheese biscuits. Nice and easy and it is something that can sit in the pot and wait until we are ready to eat dinner.


4 comments:

Rosa said...

Love them all.Just gorgeous!

Edith said...

Cute idea, I haven't seen the ugly sweater block before, they're going to make a fun quilt. Supper sounds yummy.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Really cute!

Love sis

Cathy said...

These are turning out so cute. I was trying to avoid joining in but the more I see them the more I want to make them. My daughter wants a Christmas quilt and this would sure be a fun one.