Friday, February 5, 2016

Ugly Christmas Sweater QAL-Block 2

I had planned to make this block yesterday but as often happens I got a bit sidetracked. I was able to put it together this morning and again I really need to pay attention to the instructions. I had just one minor issue and it was no problem to correct. When I was making the checkerboard portion, I cut all of the sections at 1.5" instead of cutting a couple at 2.5" for the sleeves. No problem really because I do have extra fabric and I am going a bit scrappy so I may not need this fabric again. We will see!
Block 2

Block 1 and 2
I took a photo of my sweater collection so far and I think I am absolutely on track for a scrappy and hopefully cute Ugly Christmas Sweater quilt! The green fabric in the Friendship Star looks very dark and more black than green in the photos.

I have to work today from 1 - 9 so that's it for my sewing today. :(

3 comments:

Chantal L. said...

I think you are missing the point Ellen. These sweaters are way too cute for an Ugly Quilt lol. Great job so far. ;^)

Aunt 'Reen said...

These really are adorable!
What a great pattern. This will be such a darling quilt!

belarmina said...

Ellen bonitos bloques!!
sera un bonito edredón,
¡¡tu coses tan deprisa!!
buen fin de semana