Monday, February 1, 2016

Snails Trails

The February block for Block Lotto is Snails Trails. I had received a sneak peak so I made some blocks a couple days ago, took a photo, and submitted it for the Block Lotto virtual sampler. I had never made this block before and I found it to be a bit of a challenge. In order to get it sized correctly, I needed to make the surrounding triangles a bit bigger than the measurements required and then cut them down. I don't know why I had difficulties because I did have the correct seam allowance but all is well that ends well. I think they turned out pretty good in the end. Sophie has provided instructions that include paper piecing as an option.

The colour and fabric requirement this month are brown snails and a pastel or low volume background. Pop on over to Block Lotto and check it out. The pattern is free for the first 10 days of the month. Anyone can join in and you just never know - you might win enough blocks to make a quilt.

I really wanted to be a winner of last month's Bird in the Air blocks but I wasn't so lucky. :(

4 comments:

Chantal L. said...

Lovely Snail Trails blocks. I had some problems when I did Shakespeare which has many Snail Trail. Some went together on the first try and others ... well it is all behind me now lol. Good luck in the drawing. ;^)

Deb A said...

Your snails tails look great! So pretty in brown.

belarmina said...

Ellen precioso bloque!!
siempre que veo este bloque pienso
¡¡tengo que hacerlo !!
pero aun no hice ninguno
buena semana

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I have always loved this pattern and yet have never made them either. Love them in browns.