Saturday, February 27, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge

12 blocks
This week I worked on my Rainbow Scrap Challenge Column quilt that was designed by Angela of soscrappy. The block made this month is called Patience Corners and it was a very easy and simple block to make. It didn't take me too long at all to make the 12 blocks.

The colours for the February RSC are brown with an accent of pink and that worked out just perfect for me. I still have all of my pink with brown scraps left over from a Winding Ways quilt that I have under construction for my niece Kimberly. I don't think I have shown a photo of it since I've sewn all of the blocks together but it is just waiting to be quilted.

I didn't use up all of my brown scraps this month because I really do have quite a lot of them. I will be using more of them though over the next little while because once I was done cutting the pieces for these blocks from some of my 3.5" strips I just had to finish them up. I really didn't want to send those partial strips back to the scrap bin. :)  I cut the remainders of the strips into 2" x 3.5" rectangles for a scrappy charity quilt that I have in-progress.

Pop on over to soscrappy's and check out all of the links to other participants working with their brown scraps this month.

15 comments:

Terry said...

It is a beautiful quilt. The colors do look nice together.

LA Paylor said...

good for you... taking a scrap stand! No you may not return to the box!
Leeanna

Cathy said...

Your blocks are lovely! They were fun, weren't they? Like you, I have brown scraps left over, so I've got to come up with some ideas quickly!

PaulaB quilts said...

The blocks have a nice pink glow overall, and the brick scraps sound like a good idea. Keep up the good work!.

Alison said...

Very nice! :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

You've made a nice batch of blocks, there. Even better that you kept cutting to use up the rest of the BROWN scraps!!

Peggyinno said...

Your blocks turned out great! Angela's idea of 2 colors is really working well in these blocks so far!!

gayle said...

I like your patience blocks! Your column quilt will be wonderful.
I, too, am enjoying Angela's 2-color idea this year. So many possibilities!

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your column quilt, these patience blocks in your browns and pinks are looking lovely.

Cathy said...

Looking good! I like the color w/ accent this year too.

belarmina said...

Ellen !! tus bloques marrón y rosa se ven muy bonitos
buen domingo

Nell's Quilts said...

Use them up. Don't not put them away. Sure fire strategy for clearing the scraps. Great work on Patience corner.

Deb A said...

Great job working through the scraps. Hopefully I will find time next month to play a little more with scraps... but I am getting some things finished!

Magpie Sue said...

Lovely blocks. It does seem a shame to put scraps back into the bin doesn't it? Nice that you have another project you can just incorporate the extras into!

Maartje Quilt said...

I love these browns. Lovely quilt!!!