Sunday, February 14, 2016

Midget Block #89 - Cowboy's Star

Today is Slow Sunday Stitching over at Kathy's Quilts and I have a cute little block made for 'show and tell'. :)

This little block is called Cowboy's Star and it was hand pieced and it is ready to be added to my collection of Midget Blocks. I really enjoy working on these little blocks even though they can sometimes be a bit fiddly!

I have to work again today but only from 11:30 to 5 so I will have time and energy to work on some slow stitching later this evening. I have been really neglecting the hand quilting of my latest Seven Sisters quilt so I plan to pick that up and put some quilting stitches into it tonight while I watch television.

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you on this very, very cold and snow squeaking morning. My husband just stepped outside to get the newspaper and the snow started talking back to him with each step. :)  I hope you all get to spend some time cuddling up under a quilt with a special loved one today!

12 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Happy Valentines Day! Stay warm and have fun quilting tonight!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This is a cute block! Try to stay warm in these frigid temps.

CathieJ said...

Happy Valentine's Day. Cowboy's Star is a beautiful block. Enjoy your stitching this evening.

scraphappy said...

Your Cowboy Star turned out beautifully! Hand piecing really is the best way to deal with all those set in seams.

Jennifer said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours. Your Cowboy Star is amazing.

Deb A said...

That came out great Ellen! Enjoy the seven sisters stitching today under that quilt... sounds like you will need it to keep warm.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Oh, my, those are some tiny pieces, and curves too! Nice work.

Quilter Kathy said...

Too bad you have to work today... it's too cold to go outside :)
Enjoy your stitching tonight!

Vivian said...

A Happy Valentine's Day to you too! Wow, those midget blocks from SS are too cute, will be checking out the others you've done. Glad you've got a short day of work so you can get home, get warm and get stitching!! Enjoy!

Cathy said...

Oh, that's cute! Look at all those points in that itty bitty block. It's perfect!

It's snowing, blowing and frigid here too today.

Aunt 'Reen said...

This is such a beautiful little hand pieced block!
Congratulations on a fabulous finish!

Chris said...

That is a great Midget Block! I have all the patterns and look forward to impulsively starting it one day.
I love it when the snow "talks". That means has finally gotten so cold that it should start warming up soon.