Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Midget Block #103 - String

Oh my goodness - this one is such a cutie and one that I particularly love - a teeny tiny string block! All of the fabric came from my string bins and that made me very happy as well. One of my goals this year is to make lots of string blocks to use up all of those bits but I really haven't had much of an opportunity to do it. Well, I finally made one but at this size it is going to take a few lifetimes to clear up all of those strings I have in my bins. ;)

This midget block was paper-pieced and it turned out just about perfect and it really did not take much time to make at all.

I have been keeping up with making these blocks on a regular basis since the beginning of the year and I am very happy with my progress. At one point, I had been making my Dear Jane blocks as well and I had planned to continue to work on them at the same time but that was making both forever projects go on forever. ;) I think focusing on one series of blocks at a time is the right thing for me and I feel so much happier about it - my collection is growing. :)

Today I have my Guild's all day social sew and potluck. I have my coleslaw made and ready to go and I will take my Seven Sisters with me to do some hand quilting. I find that I get more done when I take hand work with me. I don't know why but whenever I take my sewing machine I get absolutely nothing done!

4 comments:

Frances said...

Loving seeing your midget blocks come together.

scraphappy said...

So pretty! I love how this one turned out. You are really on a roll with these little guys.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Very pretty and very tiny! It looks like a perfect job. Really love the work that you do on these tiny midget blocks.

Love sis

Deb A said...

Very pretty! You are doing great with these blocks. I find taking one project to concentrate on really helps get it done. Enjoy your day socializing and stitching.