Thursday, February 11, 2016

A New Quilt :)


disappearing pinwheel block
I am so excited about making this quilt and if it turns out as pretty as I hope then I will be very happy!
first two blocks

I saw a video tutorial on youtube from Missouri Star Quilt Co. and they showed a beautiful quilt using the disappearing pinwheel block. I just had to make one and it just so happened that I also wanted to make a new quilt for display at work. What could be better than combining the two!

background, binding, small
 pinwheels and backing
I have my fabrics all chosen and have started the cutting process. Oh my gosh...I just love these prints! That is a white fabric that I am using for my background although it does look gray in the photo.

I started by cutting the fabrics I had chosen to use in the blocks into 10" squares and then I began the sewing process. I did get two blocks finished and I think they look so pretty. They are 11.75" unfinished which seems like such a weird size but it doesn't matter one bit because all of the larger blocks in my quilt will be that size and they will all fit together.

I have other blocks in progress and I can't wait to see how all of the prints I have chosen look in the finished blocks.

I have to stop sewing for awhile because chores are calling. I have been very busy the past few days with other activities and work so my sewing and my chores have been sorely neglected. I really want to sew but I have to do those chores. :(  I fear if someone comes to my door I certainly won't let them in!!!!!

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh this is a pretty block--I love MSQco videos--they are totally addictive--I saw one yesterday on the Prairie Flower block that i like a lot--it's fun to try out blocks to see if you like them enough to make a whole quilt...hugs, Julierose

Deb A said...

No one is allowed in my house right now! So cluttered and messy from be being gone that it is even bothering me. Was hoping to be home this afternoon to pick up... alas more errands to run. Pretty block and love the fabrics.

belarmina said...

Ellen otro bonito edredón!!!
las telas que elegiste son preciosas
saludos

Chantal L. said...

Your fabrics are so pretty. I love yellow and grey together. Interesting block too. Can't wait to see more. ;^)

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Gorgeous prints in yellow and grey. The pattern is simple and one I have every intention to make too. The two blocks you have already made are so darn cute! Don't worry about the mess, just place a sign on the door stating that a quilter lives here! They will understand.

Love sis

Quilter Kathy said...

Gorgeous! Now I want to try a block or two... or start another new project :) LOL

blauraute said...

Hello Ellen,
what wunderful fabrics you've choiced for the block. It looks great
Have a nice weekend and take care
Roswitha