Sunday, January 3, 2016

Slow Sunday Stitching or...

should that be called Slow Sunday unstitching?

I did some slow stitching over the past week and I thought I was moving right along until I wasn't. ;)
The quilt top is laying horizontally in the photos.
Grrr...I had stayed up way later than I should have on Friday night because I just wanted to finish stitching the piece I had been working on. I had been adding the vertical sashing in columns to the blocks and I was working on joining the last section. I was scheduled to work both Saturday and Sunday so I was planning on adding the last of the sashing to the top and bottom of the quilt top after work on Sunday but things don't always go as planned.

Please excuse all of the thready bits all over the top...oops.
Even though it was getting late, and I was getting really tired, I just wanted to get the columns finished - you know that feeling. Without thinking, I quickly pinned the sections together and I didn't take the time to spread everything flat. If I had, I would have realized that I needed to align the horizontal sashing as well. I was so happy to be finished until I spread out the quilt top for pressing and I realized my mistake.

It's not that noticeable until you actually look at it...lol. My horizontal alignment is off at least 1/4" on the sashing and that just won't do. Really, I would have done much better to have left it unstitched and gone to bed at a decent hour so that I would have been fresh for work the next day!

I am linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts for the first time in a long time. I hope that I will be a regular to the linky party in 2016.

3 comments:

scraphappy said...

Unstitching sewing machine stitches is painful enough. I can't imagine having to undo handwork! Hope it is all fixed up soon.

Quilter Kathy said...

That alignment is tricky even on a good day :)
Such a gorgeous project to stitch or unstitch!

Jennie in GA said...

What a beautiful quilt!!! I hate it when you work so hard to get something done and then it is wrong. Grrrrrrr....