Sunday, January 10, 2016

Seven Sisters


I am so close to getting this quilt in the hoop! I added the borders but once I did I decided that they were a little too wide so I trimmed them by an inch and I am much happier with the way they look. The top now measures 75" x 85".

I have washed and ironed the backing and I need to mark my sewing lines to join the two sections together to make it wide enough for the quilt top. I hope I don't have too much trouble keeping those fun zigzags aligned. If  I was machine sewing them I probably would try to glue them into place with a small amount of glue but I just don't think that would be easy to hand sew through. We will see how much fun those zigzags really are after I try to sew them together. ;)  I just may find myself with a backing that I 'planned' to be offset, or crooked or whatever it ends up - lol.
backing fabric

Ideally, I would like to load everything onto my long arm quilting frame today so I can baste it all together. We will see if it does happen today, if not, it will be done over the next few days. So exciting...at least to me anyway. ;)

It is a very dark, dreary and rainy morning and a very mild 5* C (41* F). Almost all of the snow has been washed away - crazy weather!

I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts Slow Sunday Stitching.

11 comments:

Deb said...

Your Seven Sisters quilt looks great, Love the backing fabric.

Karen said...

I like the circle of stars. This quilt is very pretty.

Chantal L. said...

I'm excited for you too. I love to start hand-quilting a project and to see it morph into a "real" quilt. ;^)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

So nice to see your blocks become a top. Your sisters are so lucky

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love to see pictures of the seven sisters quilt. Have fun quilting it!

Cathy said...

Glad to see you back with the Seven Sisters. Now, which Sister number is this one?

Deb A said...

So fun to see a new seven sisters quilt ready for hand quilting! Good luck with the backing.

Dasha said...

Those 7 sisters look terrific. The zig zags look fairly wide so it shouldn't be all that hard to keep it all straight.

Donna said...

Like Cathy, I wondered which number this seven sisters quilt this one is. They are all so amazing.

Denise :) said...

I love your Seven Sisters! I'm drawn to it, every time I see it!! :)

Jennie in GA said...

Can't wait to see your quilting progress on this beauty.