Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Seven Sisters

The alignment looks so much better!
After my post on Sunday about the sashing alignment issue I got out my seam ripper and took off the section that I had added. Really there is nothing worse than having to rip out hand stitches :(

That was enough trauma for Sunday so I put it away until Monday. I carefully pinned the section back onto the quilt and I got it all stitched together and I think the alignment is so much better. Don't you? I don't need perfection but I do need to do the best I can. Once I finished with that it was a very easy task to add the top and bottom sashing - no alignment necessary. :)

I am so anxious to get this quilt in the hoop so I think I will be spending this evening working on adding the floral border.

With all of the hand stitching I have been doing I don't know if my hands will cooperate with hand sewing all of the borders on in one go but I am going to give it my best shot.

6 comments:

blauraute said...

Hello Ellen,
I think too that everything is now very nice. It will be a great quilt.
Have a nice day and time for many handstitches
Roswitha

Aunt 'Reen said...

Sorry you had to rip a bit ... my least favorite thing to do.
But you will be much happier and this very special top is looking amazing.
Best wishes on getting those borders stitched down - remarkable that you are sewing those too by hand. Such a treasure of a quilt!

Jo said...

I like watching these quilts coming together

Chantal L. said...

Perfect sashing colour if you ask me. Love to see these hand made quilts for your sisters. A gem! Each and every one of them. ♥ ;^)

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

The quilt is looking beautiful. I love this fabric and it will look amazing once completed. Sorry about the ripping out of stitches but I know you will be much happier that you did.

Love sis

belarmina said...

Ellen precioso tu edredón !!
me encantan tus telas,
saludos