|Looks so much better!|
I did my best to fix this quilt top and I think I did pretty well with it. When I started working on this top it was not square at all, did not lay flat and it had a huge variation in measurements. There was no way that it could be quilted as it was.
This morning when I was working with the borders, I had great temptation to take them all apart and then put them back together so that the lines were straight and neat and tidy but I had to resist. I did have to make some size adjustments because the original borders were modified unsuccessfully by the maker many times to try to make it all fit. You know how it goes....a few extra sewing lines, a couple snips to get rid of the excess fabric...etc. ;)
My intention was to just fix the quilt top enough to make it usable and not remake it into 'my' quilt. I did my best to fix it while still keeping the integrity of the quilt top that I started with.
It still isn't perfect but it looks so much better!
Molly and Peanut took a couple minutes to inspect my work and gave it their seal of approval but Peanut wants to know why I took her picture with her ugly sweater on....grrr. ;)