Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Ready for Quilting


Looks so much better!
For some reason, I woke up really early again and I couldn't go back to sleep so I knew exactly what to do with my 'extra' time. I don't know why I keep waking up at 4 am but I guess it gave me the time to put the borders back on this quilt and now it is ready for quilting. :)

I did my best to fix this quilt top and I think I did pretty well with it. When I started working on this top it was not square at all, did not lay flat and it had a huge variation in measurements. There was no way that it could be quilted as it was.

This morning when I was working with the borders, I had great temptation to take them all apart and then put them back together so that the lines were straight and neat and tidy but I had to resist. I did have to make some size adjustments because the original borders were modified unsuccessfully by the maker many times to try to make it all fit. You know how it goes....a few extra sewing lines, a couple snips to get rid of the excess fabric...etc. ;)

My intention was to just fix the quilt top enough to make it usable and not remake it into 'my' quilt. I did my best to fix it while still keeping the integrity of the quilt top that I started with.

It still isn't perfect but it looks so much better!

Molly and Peanut took a couple minutes to inspect my work and gave it their seal of approval but Peanut wants to know why I took her picture with her ugly sweater on....grrr. ;)


6 comments:

audrey said...

Great job! It really is {mostly} possible to fix a quilt enough to be quilted without having to remake the entire thing.

Cathy said...

It does look so much better. Good for you. I'm not sure I would have attempted to fix anything. I have a few UFOs of my own I probably won't even fix!

I wake up at 2 am for some reason and have a difficult getting back to sleep. Then I have to get up for work at 4 am. It's frustrating! Looks like you made good use of your time.

belarmina said...

Ellen lo conseguiste!!
me alegra, hiciste mucho trabajo trabajo,
saludos

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

How great that you took the time and dealt with the frustration to fix this top!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Glenda will be very happy to get this quilt back all fixed up with the loving touch of your little fingers. Great Job, you are a very lovely and thoughtful sister.

Love sis

Quilter Kathy said...

Way to go! I know how hard that is!!