Monday, January 18, 2016

More Rectangles

It doesn't look much different but it is bigger! :)
When I got up this morning, I asked myself what I wanted to work on. Sometimes, I have a plan and I know exactly what I want to do but this morning I was feeling a bit wishy washy. I sat down with my cup of tea and pondered the current projects I have underway and then I made a decision.

I thought I was finished with making the center portion of the rectangle quilt I have been working on but, after thinking about it this morning, I felt that it needed to be a bit bigger.  It's not like I have a shortage of scrappy rectangles. ;) So I dug into the bin and I made 16 more blocks. I think I am happier with this size for the center. It is now approx. 48" x 56" and I plan to add at least a 6" pieced border all around. I think that will be a better size for a cuddle or lap quilt.

I have already started stitching the pieced border so it won't be long before this quilt top is done.

5 comments:

scraphappy said...

Looks like an excellent days work. Glad you were able to reach a decision about what to work on. Sometimes that is the hardest part.

Jennie in GA said...

I really like what it has become...and all from lowly rectangles.

Raewyn said...

I think sort of quilt gets more effective as it gets bigger - looks like a productive day!

Jo said...

Oh very good. A bigger size better size quilt

Ariane said...

I love this pattern. It's simple, but I love the design it makes.