Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Midget Block #94 - Contrary Husband


When I picked this block to work on I thought it would be easy peasy to piece using my sewing machine. Once I had a good look though, I realized it had inset seams and that it would be a lot easier to hand piece.

I had such a bad headache yesterday and no matter what I took or tried I couldn't make it go away so I was not very productive at all. I started this block early in the day by picking my fabric and drawing out the pieces and sewing lines. Honestly, I was so slow at putting it together and it was a bit frustrating to me. :(  I knew that it was not the block or the actual sewing that was my problem...it was my darn headache. Anyway, I did get two blocks pieced by last night and this morning I finished the other two and sewed them all together. My headache is gone and I am much more productive today!

I have to run errands today but I think I am going to do a bit of hand quilting on my Seven Sisters for a little bit first.

5 comments:

belarmina said...

Ellen tus bloques son muy bonitos,
trabajas muy bien y rĂ¡pido,
¡¡yo soy tan lenta!!
saludos

Chantal L. said...

I am afraid of inset seams. You did an excellent job (even with a headache). Love your choice of colours. Glad to hear the headache is gone. Happy sewing on Seven Sisters. ;^)

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Your blocks look fantastic and nice fabric choices! Hope your headache is gone!

Love sis

Deb A said...

Glad the headache went away overnight. Your block looks great. Love the color choices.

Jeanne said...

Your blocks turned out great! Glad you are free of the headache now, too.