Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Midget Block #101 - Cat's Cradle


I made a Midget Block!! Wow...I haven't had a Tiny Tuesday posting since forever..look at me go!

It is quite a cute little block and the red print fabric I used is so cute. It was a gift from a blogging friend. :)

I am a little bit out of practice but I made it turn out okay even though I did need to press it into submission. I sewed it using my Singer 301a (love that machine!) and because the block pieces are so small I did have to be very careful to make sure my seam allowance was correct. Even then I still had difficulty. After looking at it I realized that somehow I did cut a couple of the red triangles a bit small but I made it work anyway. This block finishes at 4.5" and I have added it to the stash of blocks I have already made.

I think when I make the next one I will try to do a group picture of all of the Midget Blocks I have made so far. I have about 40 done and many more are still to come!

These blocks were provided by Sentimental Stitches for free and they can be found here. The last I checked blocks 51 to 196 were still available for free. Sadly, I missed out on getting the first 50. :(

7 comments:

scraphappy said...

So much fun to see the midgets come out again. Great block!

Ariane said...

Super cute!!

Chantal L. said...

I'm in love with your block. It's so cute. I am participating in the 365 Challenge and making this small blocks is starting to be an addiction. Thanks for the link to Sentimental Stitches. You might have found me a fix for my new addiction lol. ;^)

Deb A said...

I remember that one! Great job and pressing into submission really does work. Can't wait to see a picture of them all. I hope mine will come out to play with their sashing in the next few months. So happy to see midgets pop up again!

Chris said...

That tiny block is beautiful.
I bought 1-50 and the applique blocks as well as collecting all the free ones. I even copied a lot of the patterns onto foundation papers. Sigh. Gay keeps bringing out more and more exciting patterns to tempt us. My addiction is more collecting the free patterns but not getting them stitched up.

Lisa said...

Pressing into submission is such a great phrase.

Nancy said...

This is such a fun block, especially with the colors and fabrics you used. I don't think I could ever work so small, but I sure admire people who can!
Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)