Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Loaded and Basting



I now have everything loaded on the long arm and I am basting it with large stitches and I am just about ready to finish it up. I am trying to do it methodically but my method is madness so it is what it is.

I didn't really have any trouble at all keeping the zigzags aligned when I pieced the two sections of backing together. I was really surprised and happy. Not 100% perfect but good enough! I thought about adding a second line of stitching along the seam for extra reinforcement but in the end I decided to just go with one.

I should have this off the frame today and ready for marking. I had been toying with trying a different quilting design but I think I will stick with Baptist Fans for all of these quilts. It is a very traditional design for a very traditional quilt pattern.

Could I actually be hand quilting tonight???? I hope so but it is more realistic to think it will be tomorrow.

I baked bread this morning...yummm!
I have my Guild Executive meeting tomorrow morning and then a medical appointment so if I don't get all of the marking done tonight I should be able to finish it tomorrow afternoon.

5 comments:

belarmina said...

Ellen! me repito es precioso tu edredón,
el pan tiene muy buen aspecto,
saludos

Deb A said...

Congrats on getting it basted and great job on the backing. The bread looks yummy. Hope the medical appt goes well so you can get home and mark that quilt.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Your bread looks delicious! Good job on matching the zig zag.

Love sis

Chantal L. said...

An excellent job on the backing piecing. You know, perfection is overrated. Hope you achieve your goal and get to sew a little bit tonight. ;^)

Ivani said...

Seven Sisters will be a precious quilt. I agree with you a tradicional quilting will be perfect. I will be looking forward to see this quilt done. Your breads seems delicious.