Monday, January 11, 2016

Donation Quilt

Lately, I have been wanting to sew every single day and I am very happy about that. Today, I needed to get my sewing in really early because I am working the 1-9 shift. I find when I have that shift I am too tired to do much of anything once I get home.

I decided to pick up and finish the blocks that I had started for a charity quilt that uses scrappy rectangles. When I last left off I had made all of the segments required and I just needed to build the block. I got 52 blocks finished this morning and they will be added to the 4 I had already completed.

The quilt will have a 7 x 8 setting which will make a 42"x 48" quilt center. Once I add the border this quilt should be large enough for a child/youth and will be suitable for a boy.

In yesterday's post I mentioned that we were having warm temps with rain and that our snow had pretty much melted away. I took this photo around 4:30 yesterday. I am so glad I didn't have to go anywhere yesterday...crazy weather indeed!

6 comments:

belarmina said...

Ellen me gustan tus bloques ,
me parece una buena forma de aprovechar todos los restos,
la colcha sera muy cálida
saludos

Aunt 'Reen said...

Wow, you made fabulous progress on that charity scrap quilt!
Such a pretty snow picture - we haven't seen a flake yet this winter.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Nice to see your moving along! These types of quilts always get me thinking of the Grandparents of past times. Yes it was warm and rainy in the morning and come afternoon it was storming. I was going to go out but quickly changed my mind.

Love sis

Kaja said...

I like the look of your little scrap blocks - crazy weather indeed!

Denise :) said...

You have the perfect weather (and excuse) to stay inside and sew away! Wow -- you're really getting quite a bit...in what part of the country do you live?! I'd guess upper state New York, because I know that they're getting a LOT of lake effect snow! Enjoy your sewing time! :)

Jennie in GA said...

The snow is gorgeous, but I am glad to just enjoy your photos. Good for you on your progress on the charity quilt. I find we don't turn out nearly enough for boys/men.