Thursday, January 7, 2016

A Sister's Visit

A couple days after Christmas, my quilty sister Cheryl came to visit for a couple days. She brought a couple quilt tops with her and she planned to quilt them using my long arm. No problem, except my long arm is usually buried with stuff piled up on all the flat surfaces. So I moved everything off and placed it all on top of my sewing, cutting and ironing surfaces - and there it still sits. There really was no room to stack it up on the floor. ;)

It had been a while since my sister had visited and we had a really good time. We spent time being silly and laughing and just hanging out and we did a bit of shopping too.

beautiful texture
The first quilt we loaded on the frame was a larger bed sized quilt and we got down to the business of quilting. I was the teacher and the assistant and she did all most of the work. She chose to use the pantograph that was already on the machine from the last quilt I did. It is called Whipped Cream and it is a bit challenging especially for a beginner.

It was all fun and games until she started going backwards while following the pantograph - grrrr! While we were picking out the stitches Cheryl decided that we needed to have the ability to reverse stitch. Not just stitch backward when in reverse but to actually remove stitches while in reverse. Wouldn't that be handy to have?

The second quilt we loaded was a sweet little baby quilt that had a couple issues being a bit out of square but we managed just fine to get it done. She used a fun panto called Popcorn and it turned out great.
back showing beautiful texture

4 comments:

Aunt 'Reen said...

Congratulations... 2 wonderful quilts and hopefully some really fond memories were made as well.

belarmina said...

Ellen tu entrada me hace reír, viendo que divertidos días pasasteis,
me alegro,
yo con mi hermana siempre lo paso genial, aunque Laly no cose,
damos largos paseos por la orilla del mar, son muy relajantes para las dos,
buena costura

Cathy said...

Fun and productive! I wish I had a quilting sister that came to visit and have fun!

Jennie in GA said...

How nice to have a sister that enjoys quilty fun!!!