Saturday, January 9, 2016

A Flock of Birds in the Air

One of my goals this year is to participate in the Block Lotto on a regular basis as well as the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Today, I have a double header! Happily, the colours chosen for this month's Lotto block coordinate with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge colour for January.

This month's Block Lotto blocks are Birds in the Air and the blocks finish at 6". I got nine blocks made using scraps of blue and purple tone-on-tone and solid fabrics. Two blocks were made from purple scraps and the rest were made from blue and I found everything I needed in my strips bins. I love that!  I think they look beautiful and the winner (hopefully me) will be able to make a gorgeous quilt from all the blocks they receive.

I am linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Pop on over to find inspirational ways to use up your scraps!

23 comments:

scraphappy said...

Beautiful blocks. So nice to cross two challenges off with one block!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful blocks -- I love this month's color range.

Karen said...

Very pretty blue birds.

sewhappyquilting said...

Your Birds in the Air blocks look great! That's terrific that it's the same color as the RSC, I may make some of those too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your blue Birds in the Air are so pretty! I am adding that block to my list to try!

PaulaB quilts said...

Really lovely blocks, like bluebirds in flight. Keep up the good work!

Cathy said...

Welcome back to Block Lotto! Maybe we will both win!!!!

Alycia said...

Great double header!

Mystic Quilter said...

Lucky to have two links with your beautiful Birds in the Air, lovely colours.

gayle said...

Those are beautiful blocks! Good luck with the Lotto!

Chantal L. said...

Love your blue birds. I wish you win too. You would make such a gorgeous quilt out of these blocks. Good luck.

Deb A said...

Beautiful blocks! I could see a whole quilt of those blue babies.

belarmina said...

Ellen ¡''' muy, muy bonito!!!
buen domingo

Manuela said...

Beautiful blocks.

Kate said...

It's nice when quilty goals line up like that. Very pretty blocks!

Angie said...

Birds in the Air is one of my favorite blocks - your blue ones look great!

Edith said...

Your Birds in the Air are lovely, I hope you win!

Magpie Sue said...

What a great overlap this month! Wonder how often that will work out? Here's to your winning the blocks!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Really wonderful blocks.

Sheila said...

I've always liked this block pattern. Love your blue blocks : )

katie z. said...

Nicely done.

Jennie in GA said...

Nice job on all those tiny pieces. You are getting off to a good start pulling from your scrap bins.

tubakk said...

Beautiful blocks. I love blue and white quilts.