Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Quilty Plans for 2016

This is the time of year for reflection on the happenings over the past year and for me it was quite lacking in the quilting department. I am not one for resolutions and I don't plan on making any this coming year, however, I do plan to make some changes. During this past year I spent quite a bit of time helping my Mom. Along with my siblings we got my Mom's house fixed up and sold and we got my Mom moved into her new apartment. That was a huge time and energy commitment and on top of that I started working during that time of chaos.

Things have settled down, my Mom is happy in her apartment and for at least the time being I will be working no more than 3 days per week and I hope it stays that way! That will leave me with time for quilting.

But what does that mean and how do I want to spend my time?


Rainbow Scrap Challenge - I have tons of scraps that I want to use up and move out and Angela offers some great ways to do just that.


I think that I would like to participate in the Block Lotto on a 'more regular' basis. It is really fun to be a participant but I think even more fun to win.


Of course, I also want to work on my Seven Sisters quilts too. I do love hand piecing and hand quilting. Kathy at Kathy's Quilts hosts Slow Sunday Stitching for all those that love hand work to connect and share.

I really enjoy working in a smaller scale so I hope to get back to it and my goal is to complete one Dear Jane and one Midget Block per week month but hopefully more.

More scraps and bits and pieces have been added to the bins since this picture was taken!
I have scraps, and strings and crumbs that are calling my name - quite loudly at that - so I want to work with them this year as well. I can't say that I will ever run out of these tidbits because the more quilts I make the more scraps and crumbs and strings I get. It will truly be a very sad day if those bins get completely emptied and never replenished.

I want to play more with my long arm and practice so that I feel more comfortable and confident with free hand quilting.

What about you....do you have any quilty goals for the coming year?

5 comments:

scraphappy said...

Sounds like you have some very achievable goals/plans for the new year. So happy that the RSC is on the list. So many pretty scraps! Looks like a wonderful playground of variety to enjoy.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Those are great plans for this coming year. I think I will be making my year a year of variety. I would like to make more quilts this year and I would really like to try painting again. One more item on my list is the organization of home and my time. Good Luck to you Ellen! May we both be successful!
Love sis

Quilter Kathy said...

These sound like marvellous plans!
I haven't had any time to give thought to next year, but hope to get some time this coming week.
Merry Christmas!

desertskyquilts said...

I have way too many! I need those blinders they put on horses. =) 2 of your 3 are things I hope to do more with this year, too.

Cathy said...

Sounds like a good plan. I'm looking forward to some of the same plans!