Monday, December 7, 2015

Quilting In Progress

I have been working on Anna's quilt every day - a little bit here and a lot there - and I have made wonderful progress. When I first started this quilt I said that it was such a quick and easy design but that was before the rounds started getting bigger and bigger :). I got through it though and today I made the backing and loaded everything onto the quilt frame. The photo shows the first row of quilting...I think it looks pretty good.

I love the colour of the thread I have chosen for this quilt and that is a good thing because I had to make a special trip to Toronto to get it. Well, I should say that my husband drove me there on Friday to pick up my order from my thread supplier. Happily, it also gave me a good excuse to add several other colours of thread to my collection.:))  I was scheduled to start work at 1 pm last Friday and my husband got me back with plenty of time to spare. I am so fortunate that my husband is such a great guy!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

The quilting looks beautiful,light and soft. Love it!

Love sis

scraphappy said...

Your quilting is beautiful! The thread is just right.

Aunt 'Reen said...

The quilting is just as pretty as your piecework!
This is going to be such a beautiful and well loved gift!

belarmina said...

Ellen, que bonito,
un gran regalo.
saludos