Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Finished Quilting


When I posted on Monday evening I thought that I was done quilting for the day...I really had only intended to get the quilt loaded and everything prepared for me to start quilting it today.  After seeing the first row of quilting completed, my excitement got the better of me and I went ahead and quilted the whole thing. I didn't finish until just about 11 pm and I was pooped out! I had to work yesterday but the late evening didn't bother me because I had the 1 to 9 pm shift at the store so thank goodness I didn't have to get up too early.

I am very happy with the way the quilt looks so far. I used such a pretty aqua thread and even though it was darker than the front and lighter than the back it turned out great. I am always a little hesitant to use a thread that doesn't blend in completely because every little detail shows up whether you want it to or not. ;)

I had loaded 10 bobbins thinking it would surely be enough for the quilt but just as I got to the last row I ran out of bobbin thread half way through...wouldn't you know it. It didn't take too long to load another bobbin and finish the quilting but it always seems like such a chore. The quilting design is called Whipped Cream and it is a somewhat dense pantograph and it gives such a wonderful texture.
back
I still need to make and attach the binding and I am leaning towards using the same fabric as the backing. I am not working today so I plan on having a very fun and busy sewing day!!

5 comments:

scraphappy said...

Absolutely beautiful! It turned out great. Congratulations on the finish.

Chantal L. said...

Quilted an entire quilt in one evening? WOW!! You rock girl! Congrats on this beautiful finish. I really like it and the back too. Looks soooo nice! ;^)

Manuela said...

Congratulation on this wonderful finish.
Greetings, Manuela

Frances said...

Congratulations on your finish.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Love the quilt, and I love whip cream too!

Sis