Monday, December 14, 2015

Anna's Quilt is Finished


Even though I worked Saturday, Sunday and today I was still able to get Anna's quilt finished. I spent time each day/evening hand stitching the binding and the label to the back of the quilt. I worked from 11 to 7 today but before I left this morning I finished tying off the thread tails and got them tucked away into the quilt and then I took some photos.

I am so relieved that I got the quilt finished in time for Christmas and I am thrilled with the way it turned out because it really is quite pretty!

The quilt top was 76" x 76" before quilting but finished at 74" x 74". I used the same fabric for the binding and the backing. I have decided to call this quilt Summer Dreams.

9 comments:

Brenda said...

I really like it too!! And good use of your time by the way! Look what you got accomplished - now you can get a tea/coffee and a book/magazine and figure out what is the next project you can do! :-)

Merry Christmas!!

Aunt 'Reen said...

This turned out SO beautiful!
And I love the way you pieced the back of the quilt too. Wonderful that the pattern continues over from the front.
I'm sure she is going to cherish this quilt!
Congratulations on a fabulous finish!

Chantal L. said...

You did an EXCELLENT job. I love out it turned out too. Congrats!! You can now relax and enjoy the season. ;^)

belarmina said...

Hellen felicidades!!!
resulto una preciosa colcha,
saludos

The Joyful Quilter said...

Very sweet! I think she will LOVE it.

Deb A said...

Beautiful job. I knew you would make the deadline.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Summer Dreams is gorgeous! It just goes to show you how even a simple pattern can turn out so deliciously yummy! Beautiful!

Love sis

desertskyquilts said...

That's a great quilt! Thanks for sharing the photo of your finish.

Marjorie McDonald said...

I really love this one Ellen. So colourful, and beautiful and yet simplicity itself. I am enjoy perusing your site. So many beautiful quilts to see. Marjie