Sunday, December 27, 2015

A Decision Made

Yesterday, I spent quite a bit of time in my sewing room but didn't really get anything accomplished. I was still trying to decide what I want to work on. I looked at lots of photos, magazines, etc., and I saw a lot of wonderful quilts that I would like to make but nothing sparked me to get started on it. So, today I went back in and pulled out my bin of 2" x 3.5" rectangles. Surely I can get started on something scrappy using them?


The bin that holds these rectangles is overflowing and it is always being added to whenever I cut down scraps so I made a decision. Nothing fancy, just plain old simple rectangles. I think it will make a good quilt to use to practice my free motion long arm techniques (I can't really call them techniques...they really are bumblings at this point!).

I think I am going to make a single sized quilt and we will see what happens once I get there.

I have really enjoyed my Christmas break but it is back to work tomorrow. My quilty sister Cheryl is coming to visit me on Tuesday and Wednesday and she is bringing a couple quilt tops that she wants to quilt. I can assure you that there will be some fun antics going on in my sewing room while she is visiting!

8 comments:

belarmina said...

Ellen esos rectángulos se ven bonitos,
estoy impaciente ver que trabajo harás con tu hermana,
yo me reúno con mis hermanos el día 1, hace ya 4 mese que no los veo, tengo unas ganas enormes,
disfruto especialmente de mi hermana
buena semana

ES said...

I like the layout you've got in the photo! Sometimes a simple design is the best:)

Deb A said...

Great idea! Your block look great. Enjoy the fun time with your sister this week.

Chantal L. said...

I love the quilt you've made using this block, to the point of having the block as a contender for the RSC2016. No, it didn't win because I think it looks better scrappy then in one or two colours only. Enjoy the visit and take pictures, please? ;^)

Bente Antonsen said...

Hi and welcome to my blogg. I have made a quilt with this block . I found it on your blogg last spring and finished it in september 2015. I am going to make one more, but not so big. It is a fun block to make. I have tons of scraps and are always looking for inspiration on bloggs and pinterest. You blogg is one of the best - to me. Happy New Year and Happy sewing in 2016.

desertskyquilts said...

Do you have the rectangle book? I was so surprised to find out how many ways there are to put these together! I have one on my bed. =) The nice thing about these is they can be leader-enders or the main course, or you can pick them up and put them down as you feel like. Which you already know as you've made one. =)

Cathy said...

Ahhhh....there's a lot to be said for plain, old and simple. I think you just described me!!!

Edith said...

I have a lot of managed scraps that I'd like to dig into as well, however I have so many tops and blocks and a few sets of tops with backs that need to be quilted, where to start? Have fun with your sister, mine was here for Christmas and we had a few good laughs.