Saturday, November 28, 2015

Starting a New Quilt!

Gosh...it feels so good to be able to spend more time quilting!!


Yesterday, I had the day off and I spent a good part of it cutting strips and making 4 patches. Before the day was over I had more than enough 4 patches made to start a new quilt.

This quilt will be for my eldest son's girlfriend, Anna. I have a list posted on my fridge for everyone to write down what they want for Christmas and when they visited a couple weeks ago Anna requested a quilt. When I saw what she wrote I had a panicked thought that there was no way I would have enough time to make one for her because of other obligations, but, I did continue to think about it. I was trying to come up with a design but I kept rejecting all of my ideas because of the time involved to make them. I have finally decided to make her one that looks like this....

It is a very simple design and really shouldn't take me too long to put together but it will still look great. I have a good start on the 4 patches and I think I have enough strips cut of the print fabrics but I still need to cut more of the white. Over the next few days I will do some more cutting and sewing and before too long I hope to have a finished quilt top!

7 comments:

Chantal L. said...

That block looks very promising. I can see the quilt in my mind and I like it. Lovely colours. Good luck with your goal. ;^)

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Not sur which is more fun--starting a new quilt or finishing one

scraphappy said...

Starting a new quilt is always so much fun. Love the colors

belarmina said...

Ellen se ve muy bonita,
¡¡¡colores muy tiernos!!!
buen domingo

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Looks like it will be a very bright & fresh looking quilt! Wonderful looking forward to seeing it come together.
Love sis

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good luck with completing your generous gift!

Deb A said...

Pretty colors and what great progress you have made on it already.