Monday, November 30, 2015

Anna's Quilt


So pretty and feminine
Anna's quilt is coming along quite quickly because it is such a simple pattern. I am so happy for that because I had to work on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is a long work day so I had no time for sewing but I had a short day at work yesterday with a later start so I was able to work on the quilt both before and after work and I made good progress. The top is now 40" x 40" - just another round or two of blocks and it will be done.

I am glad that it is coming together so quickly because I have another project that I need to get underway. I purchased this fleece to make a couch throw for my son Adam and I plan to give it to him for Christmas. I need to do some prep work first to get it ready for me to take to my guild's Social Sew on Wednesday. While I am there, I plan to spend my time putting a blanket stitch around the perimeter using a gray and black yarn. I bought a skip cut blade for my rotary cutter and hopefully it will make it easier to accomplish that. I hope it turns out the way I think it will.

4 comments:

belarmina said...

Anna, sera la mas afortunada con este precioso quilt!!
y la tela para tu hijo se ve tan calida....
buena semana

Aunt 'Reen said...

I LOVE Anna's quilt top!
It stitched up into such a super sweet design.
I think it's fabulous and all of those pretty fabrics show off nicely.
CONGRATULATIONS on such a quick and awesome finish!

audrey said...

Anna's quilt might be simple, but it's very sweet! Perfect for a fast finish!

Chantal L. said...

I too love Anna's quilt. It does look very feminine and fresh. Great progress. Good luck with your goals. ;^)