Monday, November 9, 2015

Moving Right Along

I don't know why or for what reason but sometimes I can be just so darn productive...other times...not so much. I will take those productive periods whenever I can get them!!!

Even though I worked Saturday and Sunday I have made great progress on this quilt. Of course, it does help that I am making a quilt that I designed and made previously for my dear friend's grand baby.

I first cut the fabric into strips and then sewed them back together :)))) Using my Easy Angle and Companion rulers I cut the pieces to size.











At the beginning of each strip set I used the Easy Angle to get started and then cut as many units with the Companion ruler as I could. I finished the strip set with the Easy Angle ruler and then finished up anything that was left over that was usable.

These 'extra' pieces could very well end up in blocks for the back....or not. ;)
I now have all of the pieces ready to be sewn into blocks and if all goes according to plan I will get them all done today. Still feeling very productive.....




5 comments:

Deb A said...

What a great block in such fun colors. Enjoy the fabric therapy time.

Julierose said...

Lovely colors in these...hugs, Julierose P.S. I am angle-challenged so I am practicing with 1/4 sq, triangles,,,,

belarmina said...

veo que estas muy activa,
bonito bloque,
saludos

audrey said...

It really is interesting the times we are so wonderfully motivated! Your easy angle cutting is so efficient!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

The pieces are so cute! Love the dots! Great job on cutting such neat triangle pieces.

Love sis