I have had the last couple days off work and I have been putting my time to good use. Over the past many months I really haven't spent much time quilting because of family commitments as well as working and I truly have missed it. I did finish a quilt for my SIL recently but that was from a top that I had already completed and I just made some modifications to make it suitable for her. This is the first quilt in ages that I have made starting with choosing the fabrics to getting the top stitched together.
This is what the quilt top looked like early yesterday before I started adding the borders.
Making border decisions can be such a challenge for me. I knew I was going to use the flower fabric as the outer border and I ended up making it a bit wider than I had originally planned. I also intended to use the orange and green fabric as inner borders but I hadn't decided on which one would go on first. When I laid them out I felt the orange and green looked too blah side-by-side so I added a very narrow navy border to separate them. I know it took me longer to make my border decisions than it took to actually sew them all on!! I had the top finished yesterday and this morning I just finished making the backing. Can I get a whoop whoop!!