Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop

I have had the last couple days off work and I have been putting my time to good use. Over the past many months I really haven't spent much time quilting because of family commitments as well as working and I truly have missed it. I did finish a quilt for my SIL recently but that was from a top that I had already completed and I just made some modifications to make it suitable for her. This is the first quilt in ages that I have made starting with choosing the fabrics to getting the top stitched together.

This is what the quilt top looked like early yesterday before I started adding the borders.

Making border decisions can be such a challenge for me. I knew I was going to use the flower fabric as the outer border and I ended up making it a bit wider than I had originally planned. I also intended to use the orange and green fabric as inner borders but I hadn't decided on which one would go on first. When I laid them out I felt the orange and green looked too blah side-by-side so I added a very narrow navy border to separate them. I know it took me longer to make my border decisions than it took to actually sew them all on!! I had the top finished yesterday and this morning I just finished making the backing. Can I get a whoop whoop!!

When my husband saw the finished quilt top he said it looked quite psychedelic. :))

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Whoop whoop!! It looks fabulous!

audrey said...

Lol It has a wonderful energy! Great job with your quick finish!

Deb A said...

Love the fabric choices and my goodness - that went together so quickly! Great job. Glad you got some time to do something you enjoy.

Chantal L. said...

Oh! My! Yes, you deserve a Whoop! Whoop! Twice over!! The difference this border makes is stunning. I love it. You did an excellent job in my book. Congrats!!

belarmina said...

precioso trabajo y ¡¡¡rĂ¡pido!!!
me alegra que tengas tiempo hacer lo que te gusta
saludos

scraphappy said...

I think the border fabric is my favorite part of the quilt. It is so bright and happy, and the three inner borders add just the right transition.

Aunt 'Reen said...

What a fabulous finish! WHOOP WHOOP!
I think your SIL is going to love this!