Friday, November 27, 2015

A Finished Quilt

I finished my latest quilt creation a couple weeks ago but didn't post about it. I don't know why I didn't because I really am excited about the finish.

I called my quilt Smartie Party because the dotty fabric reminded me of the candy. There is a lot of movement going on in the quilt but I think the narrow borders really do give a place for the eye to rest. I think this quilt is perfect for a young girl.

I didn't have quite enough backing fabric so I pieced together some of the leftover floral border fabric and added the strip to the back to lengthen the backing.

I was a bit nervous about quilting it because I used a yellow thread on a solid navy background and I knew that every single flaw would show....but I should not have been worried because it turned out gorgeous. I love it!

My photos never really do any of my quilts justice because they are always so much prettier in person than in my photos. The quilt finished at approx. 52" x 58" and I quilted it using the pantograph Alfresco.

This quilt is hanging in the store where I work and it looks good!!

6 comments:

Grit said...

Looks wonderful.

belarmina said...

Ellen que maravilloso edredón!!!!
la joven sera muy feliz cuando se lo regales,
buen fin de semana

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Because I saw this finished quilt in person, I can say it is so bright and cheerful. What a happy quilt and I love the name Smarty Pants. The quilting is perfect. Wonderful job Ellen!
Love sis

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on your newly completed quilt. LOVE the fact that you went BOLD with the quilting thread color!! Nicely done.

Chantal L. said...

Wow! What a bold move but a great one as, yes, it makes the back of the quilt look great. You did an excellent job. Congrats.

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on a terrific finish! Love that quilting design!