Sunday, October 18, 2015

Seven Sisters Blocks

They look quite blah against the light tile floor.
Before I left for my trip I was hit with a bad cold and cough that had started on Tuesday. I was scheduled to work six shifts from Sunday through Sunday but I was just feeling so bad on Thursday of that week that I called in sick which is something that I rarely do. Thank goodness I had already finished the quilt for my ex-SIL because I had absolutely no energy to work on much of anything during the week before I left.  When I delivered the quilt to her she was very happy to receive it. She told me several times that she loved the colours in the quilt and that made me happy too.

Since I have been home, I have been taking it easy and resting on the couch because I still haven't quite shaken the cold or cough. Luckily for me, I am not scheduled to work until Monday so I have one more day of recovery. While I have been sitting on the couch I have been giving my latest Seven Sisters quilt lots of slow stitching attention. Since I had all of the pieces already prepped it made it very easy to just sit and sew. I now have all of the blocks finished!

I think that later today I will start getting the sashing pieces marked for sewing and start cutting them out and then, who knows, I may get some stitched to the blocks later tonight while watching tv.

I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts Slow Sunday Stitching...boy it has been quite a while since I have joined in. Pop on over to check out the links - you just may be inspired to do some slow stitching yourself!

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Poor you! Wish you better. Lovely quilt though!!

Quilter Kathy said...

More stitching is just what the Dr. ordered for your recovery!

Cathy said...

I'm fighting off the same thing...so far so good. I load up on vitamins and zinc at the first sign of a cold!

Glad your ex-SIL enjoyed your quilt. Break ups affect the entire extended family.

Nice to see your Sisters out again.

belarmina said...

Te deseo una pronta recuperaciĆ³n!!
tu colcha es tan bonita....
buena semana

The Cozy Quilter said...

There is a nasty bug going around. Hope you feel better soon. I admired a seven sisters quilt from the civil war era in Springfield, IL a couple of years ago. Yours is lovely

Manuela said...

I hope you feel better, soon.
The Top looks great.
Greetings, Manuela

Chantal L. said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Your quilt is fantastic, even against the white tiles, lol. ;^)

Aunt 'Reen said...

These blocks are gorgeous!
I hope you feel better soon!

Stephie said...

Sorry to hear you've been feeling so rough :( But isn't it great that we slow stitchers can still manage to get something wonderful done even when we're confined to the sofa! I love your blocks, they look really pretty - hopefully they're cheering you up too!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

This is going to be such a pretty quilt. I can't wait to see the top together. Love you fabric choices on this one. Hope you feel better.

Love sis