Friday, October 16, 2015

Home Sweet Home

I am back from from my trip and I am ready to get back to work on some quilts! I had taken this bag with me...it contains the Seven Sisters block pieces that I had prepped to work on while visiting my brother Mark. I was very optimistic and also included some cotton yarn to knit some dish cloths while we were sitting around chatting. The bag never even got opened! Not all that bad though because now I do have everything ready to finish making my blocks....no excuses!

I got home from my brother's yesterday at around 3:30 pm or so. We left his town at 7:00 am so our travel time was better coming home than going. It was an 8.5 hour drive to get me home (with two rest stops) and it took us 9 hours to get there from my place (with three rest stops). My sister Glenda still had to drive quite a bit further to drop my Mom off at her apartment and then carry on to her own place. I think it added 3 more hours to her trip. You can bet she was exhausted!

My brother lives in the small town of Cochrane, Ontario which is basically close to the northern end of the road system in the area. Cochrane is also home to the Polar Bear Express which is a train service between Cochrane and Moosonee as there are no roads to the town of Moosonee.

Cochrane is so far north it is only about 186 miles south of James Bay which is part of Hudson Bay and is the southernmost part of the Arctic Ocean. So, now that you have had your geography lesson it is time for me to get some stitching done!

4 comments:

belarmina said...

Me alegra que tu viaje fue bien, aunque cansado !!
mi hermano Pepe vive a 7 horas de distancia,
me emociona mucho cuando nos encontramos,
y disfrutamos de unos días juntos,
gracias por compartir
buen fin de semana

belarmina said...

El lugar donde vive tu hermano,
es muy bonito y interesante
¡¡que lejos nos queda!!

Deb A said...

I didn't know that was part of the arctic ocean! Thanks for the lesson. That is a fun fact I'll tell the kids. I too, had lots prepped for a trip in September but did nothing while there. It kept me busy when I got home though. Can't wait to see how the seven sisters are coming along.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Welcome Home!

Love sis