Thursday, October 1, 2015

Floral Seven Sisters


The last time I showed my progress on this latest seven sisters quilt I had only one block completed. I also had enough floral diamonds pieced into stars and ready for joining together to make four more blocks as well as enough floral diamonds cut and ready to sew into stars for a sixth block.

Things have changed a bit and out of the twelve blocks I am making for the quilt, I currently have five completed blocks and seven blocks still under construction. All of the floral stars have been pieced and have been joined together to form the sisters for each block and now these last seven blocks are just waiting for some background fabric to be added. I did not have enough background pieces prepped to finish them up. :(

These three blocks just need the large corner pieces added to them to finish them up. The corners really are quite easy and quick to add so these blocks won't take long to finish once I get going on them. The other four blocks won't be quite as quick but, of course, most of the piecing has already been done.

I am not working today, so I plan to spend time marking and cutting the background fabric to get all of the required pieces ready for adding to the final blocks. I need diamonds, trapezoids and the larger corner pieces.

7 comments:

gretchenscorner said...

What beautiful blocks, WOW! Someday I hope to EPP a 7 Sisters quilt, it's on the list. Enjoy your time spend working on this lovely quilt today.

Chantal L. said...

Love to see the progress on this quilt as I really like it. It's coming along great. You do wonderful work. Enjoy your time with the fabric. ;^)

belarmina said...

Preciosas telas las que as elegido para tus bloques!!
saludos

Aunt 'Reen said...

You are making wonderful progress on this amazing quilt!

Deb A said...

So happy to see this beautiful quilt again. You do such lovely work. With it being all hand pieced I think you are making great progress on it.

Quilter Kathy said...

SO nice to see the sisters are out again :)

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Really love this Seven Sisters quilt. I just love the flower fabric in this one. Looking forward to seeing this quilt top once all together.

Love sis