Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Drawstring Bag

I just made the cutest drawstring bag! After I made the Kindle pouch I thought about the charging cord and the connector cords that I need to take with me. We do live in a digital age and I like having my IPod, my Kindle, my phone, etc., but all of the cables that go with them can get lost in a suitcase. Now I can keep them all together in one cute little bag.



I used this you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcKMLG75cb0 tutorial to make my bag. I did change up the sizes because I wanted a smaller bag. The fabric measurements I used were approximately 9" x 16.5".

I sized the fabric for the drawstring channels accordingly and I placed it 1" from the top of the bag. I used 6 times the width of the bag for the ribbon drawstrings. I probably could have used less ribbon but I really was just guessing and I didn't want to cut it too short.

Looks like a present!
The bag has a flat bottom so it stands up. Mine is not perfect but it is good enough!

2 comments:

belarmina said...

Tu funda para el kindle, y la bolsa para cargadores,
son muy bonitos y prácticos
la tela es muy divertida....
me encantan las bolsas,
mi hermana me llama (mariquita bolsa)
siempre llevo todo el bolsitas
ahora veré el tutorial
gracias por compartir
saludos

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Really cute! The fabric is nice too because it is dark so should stay cleaner looking longer.

Love sis