|Fresh off the frame!|
The next thing I did was to piece a backing together. This same fabric was used as a backing for a quilt I had made as a gift and I had enough of it left but it also was in pieces that were not quite large enough. I had three pieces in total that included two larger pieces that when sewn together just didn't quite make it. I added the third piece along one side and it worked. Of course I was not able to match designs but I am okay with that. I still have enough left over that I could use as the binding for this quilt or I might be able to make a pillowcase. We'll see.
The quilting is now done and you really can't tell that I used a Frankenstein batting that was all stitched together. I am quite happy with the way this quilt is coming together. The quilting is fairly dense and should hold all of the batting together without any problems even after many washes.
Thank you all for the welcome back. I have missed blogging and all of the camaraderie that goes with it!