Tuesday, September 22, 2015

I Should Have Listened....


Not working for me!
because the quilt is always right! I thought that I would use the fabric that was leftover from the backing and I cut it into strips and pieced them together. As I was pressing it in half I kept thinking that the quilt wanted yellow, or pink, or orange as the binding. But I didn't listen even though I should have. I started sewing the binding to the quilt and I thought I better have a look at it so I took it out of the machine and pinned the binding to the back.....ugh. I didn't like it at all.

Still no!
So, I still didn't listen and I dug through my strips and leftover hunks of fabric and I found a pretty blue green solid that I liked. I cut the strips and joined them together all the while feeling misgivings about the colour. This time I laid it on the quilt top before I pressed the binding in half and it was definitely a no go as well - way too dark. At least I hadn't trimmed the joined ends so I can just take it apart and put it in my strip bins and use it for something else.
Looks like a good candidate.
I dug through my fabric stash looking for what the quilt really wanted and I found this. I think it is going to look much better! :)

That's the one!!

7 comments:

Deb A said...

Those pesky quilts just keep yelling at us until we do what they want. It will look smashing in orange.

canuckquilter said...

The quilts usually know best! That orange will be perfect.

Cathy said...

Some quilts can be so opinionated and bossy!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Always good to let your heart make the decisions.
I love the new binding choice!

Chantal L. said...

We pick the block pattern. We pick the fabrics. We pick the sashing. We pick the border ? Not always! nor the binding and sometimes NOT even the quilting! HA! Quilts are like children. They listen when they are small ... then they turn into teenagers lol!
Good calling on the last binding. Love it.

Quilter Kathy said...

Quilts are the boss of us!

The Joyful Quilter said...

We can be SEW stubborn, can't we?! Glad to know that you decided to FINALLY pay attention to your quilt. It's going to be a stunner!!