Joyfully sharing my quilting journey and other bits and pieces that make up daily life.
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
I Should Have Listened....
Not working for me!
because the quilt is always right! I thought that I would use the fabric that was leftover from the backing and I cut it into strips and pieced them together. As I was pressing it in half I kept thinking that the quilt wanted yellow, or pink, or orange as the binding. But I didn't listen even though I should have. I started sewing the binding to the quilt and I thought I better have a look at it so I took it out of the machine and pinned the binding to the back.....ugh. I didn't like it at all.
So, I still didn't listen and I dug through my strips and leftover hunks of fabric and I found a pretty blue green solid that I liked. I cut the strips and joined them together all the while feeling misgivings about the colour. This time I laid it on the quilt top before I pressed the binding in half and it was definitely a no go as well - way too dark. At least I hadn't trimmed the joined ends so I can just take it apart and put it in my strip bins and use it for something else.
Looks like a good candidate.
I dug through my fabric stash looking for what the quilt really wanted and I found this. I think it is going to look much better! :)