Thursday, January 15, 2015

Starburst Quilt

I don't know if any of you remember me working on these blocks because it hasn't been touched since Jan 7/2014. I love these blocks and I was making them while participating in Little Bunny Quilts Starburst QAL. I chose to make four of each of the nine blocks that were released and once I got them completed the project got shelved for one reason or another.

I wanted a full sized quilt and I decided on an on point layout but that meant I needed to make some more blocks. I have printed out the paper piecing patterns and I am working on them today. Some of the blocks are a bit challenging but I am up for it. Hopefully, over the next couple days I will have enough completed to start putting the top together. I am excited!!



20 comments:

Alison said...

They look absolutely gorgeous! I cannot wait to see it finished!

Sue said...

Lovely blocks and colours.

Julierose said...

Oh just gorgeous stars Ellen! I love the ones that look like super novas!
hugs, Julierose

Cathy said...

It's beautiful just as it is now. It will be stunning when it's finished.

Michelle said...

Love them Ellen......
Gee the time does fly....!!!

Chantal said...

Gorgeous stars! Oh yes, you have to finish this one. It will be stunning when all quilted as it is already very attractive. Great job.

belarmina said...

estos bloques formaran un precioso edredón!!!
me gustan muchísimo
saludos

audrey said...

I remember these beautiful blocks! Love the colorway you're using.:)

Manuela said...

All the blocks are wonderful.

Greetings, Manuela

Jo said...

They are not far off from being done. Hope I can get the bug and drag out some UFO's

canuckquilter said...

These are looking fabulous are laid out together. I'm sure looking at them all together is great inspiration to make what you need to finish the quilt.

Frances said...

Lovely blocks, lovely colours!

Terri said...

That makes 2 of us. I can't wait to see the whole quilt. It's beautiful, and inspiring. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Hugs

Kathy's A Quilter said...

GORGEOUS!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Love you Starburst blocks. I have been waiting along time to see this quilt top come together. Your stars are so beautiful they will make stunning quilt! Love sis

Cathy said...

I remember! I think I'm in heaven! I love everything about these.

Deb A said...

I remember those! So pretty. Hope you were able to make some progress on these over the last week.

make.share.give said...

They are beautiful! The blues and reds are perfect together.

PK Sews said...

Hi Ellen! Jan from Sew and Sow farm, celebrating her second anniversary, sent me over to say hi! Your blog is lovely! I love your quilts!

Chantal said...

Hi Ellen, haven't heard from you in a long time. Just wanted to say "Hi and We miss you" Hope all is well. ;^)