Thursday, January 1, 2015

Squishy in the Mail - for Me!


I think a quilter's stash says a lot about a quilter but maybe the scrap stash tells an even better story! I am pretty sure that one of the stories that my scraps tell is 'what was she thinking??'. But, even more-so, I think they tell a story of quilts dreamed about and fretted over, petted and cajoled (and sometimes harsh words that were spoken) until they finally came to fruition. Scraps are the strips and bits that are leftover from the dream and they are sitting in the scrap bins waiting for their turn to become something special.

Sometimes those scraps are taken from their nice and safe and comfy scrap bins and - IF YOU CAN BELIEVE IT - given away. I was the lucky recipient of some of those scraps!!!

Cathy from Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting sent me some fabulous 30s repro scraps as well as some civil war repro scraps. How lucky can I be - she was just so generous!

When the package arrived my sister Cheryl was visiting with me and we were so excited to open the package. It was packed with strips and we were admiring all of the fabrics and looking at Cathy's blog all the while. We had so much fun looking to see if we could see some of the fabrics in her quilts.

Thank you Cathy! I know that my Midget Blocks and and my Dear Jane blocks will absolutely benefit from your scrap stash.  ;))

If you haven't already, you should check out Cathy's blog - she has so many fun and wonderful quilts finished and in-the-making...and I have to tell you....she has an amazing stash!

7 comments:

Chantal said...

Here's the perfect way to start a new year: with some scraps! Yeah! It looks so yummy too.

Prima Donna said...

What fun! This is kinda funny. I also follow Cathy from Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting. As soon as I saw those scraps, I immediately thought of her quilts. I was amazed when I read your post and found out she had sent them.

Quilter Kathy said...

That is the best present ever for a quilter! Lucky!

Deb A said...

I agree with Kathy - best present every! Enjoy and I did see a couple of those fabrics in her blocks - so fun.

canuckquilter said...

Certainly a nice surprise! Have fun dreaming of just the right quilt for the new scraps!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Scraps are the best!

audrey said...

Very fun! Those scraps definitely have a story to tell.:)