Saturday, January 3, 2015

RSC 2015 - Week 1


Whirling Geese
I plan to make the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler this year and when Angela posted the first block I was gung-ho and I thought I was going to make it right away but I seemed to have got myself sidetracked. No matter, I just worked on my scrappy blue blocks today instead.

The Sampler is composed of a variety of 6" blocks set inside a star block based on the colour of the month. I am really undecided about which fabrics I want to use for the stars. I think I will just make the center blocks for now and then as I see how things are going I will make a decision on whether I want to keep a constant background fabric for all of the stars. I am pretty sure that I will keep the stars scrappy-ish and continue to choose those fabrics based on what is available in my scrap bins at the time.

I also made nine blue pinwheel blocks to add to my collection. Still a very long way before I have enough to even think about putting them together into a quilt.

Pop on over to soscrappy's and check out the links. Every quilter I know has tons of scraps and this is a great way to use them up. Why not join in?

15 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I am new to RSC. Thank you for the encouragement to join!

Scrappy quilter said...

This is so fun visiting all the blogs and seeing what everyone has done. Great job.

Filomena Crochet said...

beautiful!!!

Chantal said...

Oh the endless possibilities of the RSC! Isn't it fun?!! Love your first block

Julierose said...

Oh what a glorious start on this year's RSC15! Lovely blocks hugs, Julierose

Cathy said...

Looking good..... I'm still hovering on the edge of whether I'll do the sampler, or not. So for now, I'll just watch.

Deb A said...

Pinwheels.... oh no, must not go make some.......
Such pretty blues you get to play with.

Mystic Quilter said...

Whirling Geese is a neat block and you have such a lovely variety of blues in your pinwheels.

Jo said...

Very nice blue work

make.share.give said...

It's easy to be gung-ho this time of year :) Your pinwheels are so cute!

Kate said...

You have some beautiful scraps in those blocks. I'm undecided on the sampler for this year. I may wait till later in the year before I commit.

Cathy said...

No sampler for me again this year. I have a lot of sampler quilts already so am doing my own thing. Pinwheels will mount up faster than you think!

Lynne said...

The pinwheel blocks look so good together!

scraphappy said...

Your whirling geese look fabulous! No need to rush on the star points, I'm sure you will feel moved at some point, until then, the pinwheels look great!

Sheila said...

Looking good! Excellent RSC start.