Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Midget Block #90 - Sea Star

I finished another Midget Block for Tiny Tuesday. I pretty much copied the fabric choices for this block and I had it nearly done when I made a cutting error. I used scraps for the yellow...and I mean scraps....and naturally that is where all the trouble began. I ended up short on one of the hsts and I looked everywhere for a replacement piece but could not find anything. I checked my strip bins and my parts bins but couldn't find one piece of the yellow fabric so I pieced together two very small scrappy bits and went with it. I am pretty sure that a week from now I will find a piece of that fabric but I won't redo it.

The center square of this block was hand pieced and it was quite fiddly but the rest was done by machine.

On a very happy note, the print fabric that I used is a scrap of vintage fabric that came from my late sister-in-law's stash. I really love it when I incorporate fabric from her stash into my quilts.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

that is an amazing bit of piecing--just love those colors -- and now, your Sister will be in your quilt--how wonderful! hugs, Julierose

Terri said...

A lovely star, a learning experience with some extra love thrown in. A win win all around. Thanks for sharing the story.
Hugs

Deb A said...

Great job! Those are some teeny tiny pieces! I think I forgot how small these are with not doing them for a year.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

I love miniature quilts--until you have made one no one understands the amount of work and skill and time involved

belarmina said...

¡¡¡¡muy bonito!!!!
y con su personalidad
saludos

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

That little center blocks is amazingly small. I do not know how you can piece these little teeny tiny pieces together. You are wonderful sister. The block is really gorgeous! Love sis

audrey said...

Love that little bit of vintage fabric! Just perfect.:) Wish my sister had some vintage fabric!